1. Classified by usage
1) The temperature of the sealed chamber is divided into high temperature mechanical seal, medium temperature mechanical seal, normal temperature mechanical seal and low temperature mechanical seal. Sealing chamber temperature >200 °C for high temperature mechanical seal; >80 ~ 200 °C for medium temperature mechanical seal; -50 ~ 80 °C for normal temperature mechanical seal; <-50 °C for low temperature mechanical seal.
2) According to the pressure of the sealed chamber, the following classification can be made: when the sealing chamber pressure is >15Mpa, it is an ultra-high pressure mechanical seal; the sealing chamber pressure is >5~15Mpa for high-pressure mechanical seal, the pressure is >0.8~5Mpa for medium-pressure mechanical seal, atmospheric pressure to 0.8Mpa is a low pressure mechanical seal; when the seal chamber pressure is negative pressure, it is a vacuum mechanical seal.
3) The linear velocity from the sealed end face can be classified as follows: when the end face average linear velocity v>100m/s is an ultra-high speed mechanical seal; v≥30～100m/s is a high-speed mechanical seal; v=2.5～30m/s is the medium speed Mechanical seals, such as the average end line speed v < 2.5 m / s, are low speed mechanical seals.
4) According to whether the sealing medium contains particles, it is divided into mechanical seals for non-particulate media and mechanical seals for particulate media.
5) According to the corrosiveness of the medium to be sealed, there is a mechanical seal that is resistant to strong corrosive media, oil, water and general media.
6) According to the shaft diameter, it is divided into large shaft diameter mechanical seal with shaft diameter >120mm; general shaft diameter mechanical seal with shaft diameter of 25~120mm; small shaft diameter mechanical seal with shaft diameter <25mm.
2. Classified by usage parameters
(1) Heavy mechanical seals are available if one of the following parameters is met or the shaft diameter is:
Sealing chamber pressure: p≥5Mpa;
Sealing chamber temperature -50 °C ≥ T ≥ 200 ° C;
Average line speed of sealing surface: v is greater than or equal to 30m/s;
Sealing shaft diameter: d>120mm
(2) A medium mechanical seal that satisfies one of the following three parameters or the shaft diameter:
Sealing chamber pressure: 5Mpa ≥ p ≥ 0.5Mpa;
Sealing chamber temperature: -50 ° C < T < 200 ° C;
Average line speed of sealing surface: 30m/s>v≥10m/s;
Shaft diameter: 25mm ≤ d ≤ 120mm
(3) Light mechanical seals must meet one of the following parameters or shaft diameter:
Sealing chamber pressure: p<0.5Mpa;
Sealing chamber temperature: 0~80°C;
Average line speed of sealing surface: v<10m/s;
Sealing shaft diameter: d<25mm
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Classification, characteristics and application...
- Introduction of IBC Tank
- Introduction of Ball Valve
- Basic principles for the selection of mechanica...
- Daily maintenance of the ball valve
- Ball valve introduction
- Butterfly valve working principle
- Butterfly valve working nature
- Butterfly Valve Structure
- Butterfly valve Characteristics