How to distinguish the appearance of the material on the mechanical seal parts
During the use of the seals, we all encounter how to visually distinguish whether the rubber on the seal is NBR or Viton, whether the static ring and the transition are SIC or CA.
Methods as below:
1 NBR's material is usually harder, the brightness will be brighter; Viton's material is usually softer, and the brightness is a little bit brighter. From the smell, NBR will taste more than Viton.
2 The color of the SIC is gray, the color of the CA is deep black, the polishing brightness of the SIC is brighter than that of the CA, and the hardness of the SIC is stronger than that of the CA.
Understand the above can better grasp the use of seals and material selection
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- What is a mechanical seal
- What is the working principle of the float ？
- What is a float and float switch
- What is a flexitank valve
- What is PVC pipe fittings
- where is PVC pipe fittings using
- Classification of floats
- PVC pipe fittings common sense
- PVC pipe fitting Use standard requirements
- PVC pipe fitting Use cautions