First, in the design of mechanical seals, we should first understand and analyze the conditions and requirements for the use of seals.
(1) Design conditions for mechanical seals
1. Use the pump type of the shaft seal and the part of the shaft seal.
2. working parameters: including pressure, temperature, peripheral speed (speed and shaft diameter).
3. medium properties: including the density of the medium, viscosity, saturated vapor pressure, particle size and concentration of solid particles, corrosivity (pH) and crystallization, polymerization, decomposition and other conditions.
4. host working characteristics: continuous operation, number of starts and stops, cycle, steering.
5. Host working environment: installed indoors or outdoors, ambient atmosphere, ambient temperature and pressure, including environmental conditions such as pollution, corrosion, vibration, available coolant, lubricant, etc. and shaft seal position.
(2) Requirements for mechanical seals
1. Determine the allowable leakage, leakage point, leakage direction (internal leakage or external leakage) of the mechanical seal to ensure safe and reliable operation.
2. The service life of mechanical seals reflects the comprehensive results of wear resistance, corrosion resistance, temperature resistance and vibration resistance of mechanical seals. For petrochemical enterprises, it requires long life of shaft seals of machine pumps to ensure continuous production of process equipment.
3. mechanical seals reliability and stability.
4. The mainframe limits the dimensions and structural conditions of the mechanical seal.
5. save energy and material consumption.
6. operation and stability of the production process.
7. materials and prices.
Secondly, according to the design requirements and conditions, determine the design plan, including selecting the structure type and determining the material according to the use requirements and conditions, determining the main dimensions of the auxiliary devices and seals such as lubrication, cooling, rinsing, filtering, and the selection of the existing series of products. Comparison. Then determine the material of the main components, design and calculate the main components and auxiliary devices such as sealing pair, auxiliary seal, elastic element, fasteners, etc. Finally, draw the whole set of drawings and propose the main technical conditions.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Float Text：The helium mass spectrometry leak de...
- Mechanical seal failure (1)
- Mechanical seal life and storage
- Basic knowledge of mechanical seals
- Specific maintenance method of mechanical seals...
- How to choose the right mechanical seal
- Classification of mechanical seals （one）
- Classification of mechanical seals （Two）
- Classification, characteristics and application...
- Introduction of IBC Tank