The service life cannot be specified in general or several years. It is related to the conditions of use, the material of the seal, the quality of the seal, the mounting groove, the method of installation and the storage of the seal.
1. Seal life
(1) Conditions at the time of use.
1) Select the appropriate seal material, the material should be adapted to the working temperature and the tearability of the oil.
2) The material and surface processing accuracy of the seal relative to the moving parts have an effect on the seal. The surface roughness value of the relatively moving surface is small, which has a good effect on prolonging the service life.
3) The lubrication state should be good.
4) To prevent dust and sand from entering.
5) The quality of the lubricating oil should be clean.
(2) Seal life The service life of the seal depends on its working conditions and environmental conditions. At any stage during the use of the seal. The working conditions, including both during exercise and at rest, must be adapted to the selected conditions. Seals made of polyurethane rubber are afraid of oil containing water, which will deteriorate if exposed to water. Another example is the seal made of oil-resistant rubber of Ding Qing (Yueqing). When the oil temperature exceeds the allowable range, the oil temperature rises by 15 °C and its life is reduced by 50%.
1) Seals used in short stroke mechanisms or hydraulic components can be calculated according to the number of actions, generally 150,000 to 250,000 times.
2) Seals used in long-stroke hydraulic cylinders, which can be calculated according to the mileage of the movement, generally 100-1500km.
3) Seals for static sealing can be calculated according to the actual use time, generally 15,000 to 20,000 h or 1.5 to 2 years.
2. Storage of seals
The seal is a consumable part and usually requires spare parts.
(1) The period of the storage period is controlled, and the rubber seal is easily aged naturally. The actual service life of rubber seals should be equal to the sum of the storage period and the working period. To extend the service life, it is necessary to control the storage time of the seals from the time of manufacture to the time of use. This is the only way to get the most out of the seal.
(2) Keep the following points in mind:
1) Seals should be kept away from high room temperature, direct sunlight, humidity and air convection.
2) The seals are not allowed to be attached to each other, so as to avoid permanent deformation.
3) The date of manufacture of the seal should be recorded on the package and issued during the storage period.
4) Put the seal into the polyethylene pocket. Store in a cool, cool place after sealing.
5) The storage period is one year. The seals that exceed the storage period should be inspected and disposed of, and the disposal should be done without quality requirements.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Basic knowledge of mechanical seals
- Specific maintenance method of mechanical seals...
- How to choose the right mechanical seal
- Classification of mechanical seals （one）
- Classification of mechanical seals （Two）
- Classification, characteristics and application...
- Introduction of IBC Tank