1. One of the external factors affecting the mechanical seal effect: insufficient machining accuracy
There are many reasons for the lack of machining precision. Some of them have insufficient machining precision of the mechanical seal itself. The reason for this is easy to attract people's attention and easy to find. However, sometimes the processing precision of other parts of the pump is not enough, and the reason for this is not easy to attract people's attention. For example, the pump shaft, the bushing, the pump body, and the sealing cavity have insufficient precision. The presence of these causes is very detrimental to the sealing effect of the mechanical seal.
2. The external factor affecting the mechanical seal effect: the vibration is too large
The mechanical seal vibrates too much and eventually results in a loss of sealing. However, the reason for the large vibration of the mechanical seal is often not the cause of the mechanical seal itself. Other parts of the pump are the source of vibration, such as unreasonable pump shaft design, processing reasons, insufficient bearing precision, and poor parallelism of the coupling. Radial force and other reasons.
3. The third factor affecting the mechanical seal effect: the axial volume of the pump shaft is large
The sealing surface of the mechanical seal must have a certain specific pressure, so as to play a sealing role, which requires the spring of the mechanical seal to have a certain amount of compression, give the mechanical seal end face a thrust, and rotate it to make the sealing surface require sealing. Specific pressure. In order to ensure this specific pressure, the mechanical seal requires that the pump shaft can not have too much enthalpy. The mechanical seal can not bear the axial force during use. If there is axial force, the impact on the mechanical seal is serious. Sometimes the axial force is not balanced due to the unreasonable design of the axial force balance mechanism of the pump and the manufacturing, installation, and use reasons. The mechanical seal is subjected to an axial force, and the temperature of the sealing gland will be high during operation. For the polypropylene medium, it will be melted at high temperature, so the sealing effect will be lost soon after the pump is started, and the sealing end face will appear when the pump is stationary. Intermittent leaks.
4. The external factors affecting the mechanical seal effect: no auxiliary flushing system or auxiliary flushing system setting is unreasonable
Auxiliary flushing systems for mechanical seals are very important. The mechanical seal's auxiliary flushing system can effectively protect the sealing surface and function to cool, lubricate and wash away debris. Sometimes the designer does not properly configure the auxiliary flushing system to achieve the sealing effect; sometimes although the designer designs the auxiliary system, the flow rate and pressure of the flushing fluid are insufficient due to impurities in the flushing liquid, and the design of the flushing port is unreasonable. Also, the sealing effect is not achieved.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Mechanical seal common sense
- Select mechanical seal
- Mechanical seal design steps (one)