Stainless steel is a metal material Stainless steel is resistant to air, steam, water and other weak corrosive media and acid, alkali, salt and other chemical etching corrosive medium steel, also known as stainless steel acid
In practical application, the steel which is resistant to the corrosion of weakly corrosive medium is often referred to as stainless steel, and the steel which is resistant to chemical medium is called acid-resistant steel. Due to the chemical composition of the two differences, the former is not necessarily resistant to chemical corrosion, while the latter are generally non-rusty. The corrosion resistance of stainless steel depends on the alloying elements contained in the steel
Stainless steel basic alloy elements are nickel, molybdenum, titanium, niobium, copper, nitrogen, etc., to meet the various uses of stainless steel and performance requirements. Stainless steel is easily corroded by chloride ions, because chromium, nickel and chlorine are isotopic elements, isotopes will be interchangeable assimilation to form stainless steel corrosion.
The chemical resistance of stainless steels decreases as the carbon content increases, so most stainless steels have a low carbon content of up to 1.2% and some have a Wc (carbon content) of less than 0.03% Such as 00Cr12). The main alloying element in stainless steel is Cr (chromium). Only when the Cr content reaches a certain value, the steel has corrosion resistance. Therefore, the stainless steel generally Cr (chromium) content of at least 10.5%. Stainless steel also contains elements such as Ni, Ti, Mn, N, Nb, Mo, Si, Cu Uses Stainless steel is not prone to corrosion, pitting, corrosion or wear. Stainless steel is also one of the most intense materials in construction metals. Because stainless steel has good corrosion resistance, it enables structural components to permanently maintain the integrity of the engineering design. Chromium-containing stainless steel also combines mechanical strength and high elongation in one, easy to manufacture parts to meet the needs of architects and structural designers
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Use of ball valve seal
- How to distinguish the appearance of the materi...
- What is a mechanical seal
- What is the working principle of the float ？
- What is a float and float switch
- What is a flexitank valve
- What is PVC pipe fittings
- where is PVC pipe fittings using