Precautions for maintenance users When purchasing repair seals, most users will purchase them according to the size and color of the samples. This will only increase the difficulty of purchasing, and may not select the right products. The following procedures are recommended to improve the accuracy of purchasing seals:
1. Direction of movement - First determine the direction of movement of the seal, such as reciprocating, rotating, spiraling or fixed.
2. Sealing the focus - For example, the determination of the active point is the inner diameter of the rod seal or the active point is the piston seal at the outer diameter.
3. Temperature class - Check the operating temperature from the original machine or evaluate the working temperature according to the actual working environment to determine the required materials. For a description of the temperature class, refer to the following production user notes.
4. Pressure rating - Refer to the relevant data from the original machine instructions, or infer the working pressure level by observing the softness and structure of the original seal.
5. Dimensions - Most users will choose the old samples that have been used. However, after using the seals for a period of time, the seals will be greatly affected by temperature, pressure and wear. The selection can only be used as a reference. A better way is to measure the size of the metal slot where the seal is located, which will be more accurate.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Effect of mechanical seal
- Use of seals in life
- Assembly method of assembly type mechanical seal
- Common seal form and sealing method
- How to choose and use seals
- Matters needing attention in the application of...
- What are the types of floating ball valves?
- What is the difference between stainless steel ...
- What are the main uses of the PVC pipe?
- Details should be paid attention to when the bu...
- Classification of mechanical seals （one）
- Classification of mechanical seals （Two）
- Classification, characteristics and application...
- Introduction of IBC Tank
- Introduction of Ball Valve
- Basic principles for the selection of mechanica...
- Daily maintenance of the ball valve
- Ball valve introduction
- Butterfly valve working principle
- Butterfly valve working nature